Meg 2: The Trench – River Thames Megalodon PR Launch
BETTER BY WATER
Several supersized megalodon sharks were spotted lurking around Tower Bridge one bright summer morning, much to the shock of river users and passersby.
Thankfully it wasn’t some kind of genetic experiment gone wrong – they were actually there to promote the release of cult film sequel Meg 2: The Trench.
Here’s how we helped make it happen…
HOW LIVETT'S MADE IT HAPPEN
We began by advising the Premier team on how best to make their vision a reality on the River Thames. This included collaborating on the design of three huge shark fins to ensure they were safe, stable, and would float on the water.
Once the exciting plan of action was agreed, we sought and received the necessary permissions from the Port of London Authority for the stunt to go ahead.
Event day soon arrived, and at the crack of dawn the terrifying prospect of spotting megalodon sharks in central London became a reality. Our operational hub, Butler’s Wharf Pier, was perfectly placed as the base for the fleet and crew to launch the stunt, with the fins choreographed to give the impression they were circling ominously around Tower Bridge.
Several of our vessels were deployed on the day: Romeo Lima was branded with the film’s slogans and used as an action boat; Bravo Lima GB acted as the camera boat to catch the fantastic footage; Scheldemond I supported activities; and Indigo Lima utilised as a safety boat.
This memorable activation went perfectly to plan and inevitably went viral, with pictures and videos trending across social media and receiving lots of press coverage.
We can’t wait to see what will grace the Thames next!
- The Independent | Huge shark fins filmed in River Thames, but it’s not what you think
- The Mirror | Londoners stunned as three enormous shark fins spotted in the River Thames
- The Guardian | Giant megalodons and young Lioness fans: Tuesday’s best photos
- Yahoo! News | Huge shark fins filmed in River Thames, but it’s not what you think
- South London Press | Shark fins spotted in Thames
- The Daily Jaws | Giant shark fins glide up London’s River Thames in The Meg 2 publicity stunt