BETTER BY WATER
RIVER THAMES & RIVER MEDWAY TOWAGE SERVICES
Livett’s Group have experience towing and relocating many different types and sizes of vessel as well as aggregate, waste, structures and cargo.
Some of our past complex towing operations have included:
- Concorde on its last journey through London
- Eurostar on the Terra Marique
- Regular London Eye pod exchanges
- 900 tonne aggregate barges
- Crane barges to various locations on the River Thames
- Jack-up rigs through the Thames Barrier and through London’s bridges to Westminster Pier and Bankside Pier
- The Rings of the River: Large metal rings towed along the Thames to mark 150 days until the London 2012 games
- A 112-metre long barge to Westminster as part of a PR stunt for Virgin Media
We have different boats and tugs to suit any job on the Thames, her connected waterways and beyond and all towage is undertaken under the standard UK TOWCON Terms & Conditions, which are available on request.
OUR LOGISTICS, TUGS & TOWAGE SERVICES
Livett’s have a range of tug boats available on the River Thames and River Medway.
From relocating small houseboats to delivering jackup barges in Central London, Livett’s have the craft and experience to excel in this field.
We have varying sized tugs available depending on the size of the tow. Livett’s are happy to recommend which tug is most suitable for your needs; please visit our fleet page to see more about our tugs.
All tows on the River Thames require detailed passage planning. Livett’s offer a service to carry out this passage plan before any tow takes place, with all plans meeting the required standards of the PLA.
Livett’s have gained a reputation over the past 30 years for carrying out unique tows through London. From giant Olympic rings to Concorde itself, we have managed to succeed navigating them all through the capital.
Livett’s have the in-house expertise to carry out all pre-tow surveys. We can deliver a full report as to the state of the tow and make the necessary recommendations prior to any tow taking place.
The Thames is becoming an increasingly popular home for houseboats. Over the years we have successfully relocated and delivered houseboats the length and breadth of the river.