CANDY CRUSH SODA SAGA
BETTER BY WATER
When: November 2014
Where: King George V Dock; Westminster
This stunt coincided with similar events worldwide, coordinated by Jack Morton Worldwide. The brief was to create as much hype as possible surrounding the launch of a new Candy Crush game.
A huge fluorescent bear on a barge with jets of purple Candy Crush Soda fired into the sky surrounding it whilst passing through a lifted Tower Bridge gave them this impact!
HOW LIVETT'S MADE IT HAPPEN
We provided the client with a 30m x 10m flat-top pontoon. Upon which a collection of highly skilled and creative riggers built a tower on board, designed to hoist a giant bear 18m high into the air.
Furthermore, complex systems of pumps were rigged on deck to suck water from the Thames and fire jets of water in various directions. All of these elements, combined with a clever light show, created a treat for the eyes! Livett’s provided the towage (in this case we pushed the barge so the tug was hidden from camera), the safety boats and camera boats, a build location and the all-important passage planning.
- Express | Nicole Scherzinger makes a splash on the Thames to launch new Candy Crush Soda Saga game
- Metro | Nicole Scherzinger turns Tower Bridge into a magical pink spectacle for Candy Crush Soda Saga launch
- Standout Magazine | Jack Morton deliver Candy Crush Soda Saga launches in London and NYC
- Evening Standard | Candy girl: Nicole Scherzinger lights up Tower Bridge for Candy Crush launch
- Daily Mail | Nicole Scherzinger wears Yeti-style jacket over shiny trousers to promote mobile phone game by the River Thames