UNDER ARMOUR LAUNCH
BETTER BY WATER
When: September 2015
Where: King George V Dock; Tower Bridge; Butler’s Wharf Pier
Under Armour wanted to kick off their involvement with the 2015 Rugby World Cup with this activation and also promote their new base layer which all the Under Armour athletes would be wearing during the tournament.
Six shipping containers placed on their ends on our flat top pontoon, Rover. A huge graphic was displayed on one side of the containers and revealed as the barge sailed through Tower Bridge. The barge then moored at Butler’s Wharf Pier and International rugby players, Jamie Roberts and Jamie Cudmore, attended a photo call.
HOW LIVETT'S MADE IT HAPPEN
We locked the Rover into King George V Lock where containers were then craned onto the barge and welded down to the deck. The graphic was then applied to the side of the container and the Thames Vixen towed the barge up through Tower Bridge, just in time for a convenient Bridge Lift, providing the perfect photo! The client hired Butler’s Wharf Pier to host the event and Livett’s provided all of the essential marine coordination and liaison with the Port of London Authority.
- Ad Age | Under Armour undresses rugby stars on the River Thames
- Campaign | Under Armour sails shipping container down the Thames
- Sport Industry | Under Armour launches baselayer shipment
- Little Black Book | Under Armour kicks off Rugby World Cup campaign with huge floating mural on the Thames
- Flavourmag | Under Armour – Rugby World Cup
- MarketingWeek | ‘Sports sponsorship is becoming too samey’ says Under Armour as it launches rugby campaign