BETTER BY WATER
About Dixie Queen
Dixie Queen is a grand and versatile replica paddle steamer, whose proportions set the atmosphere of a ship rather than a large boat.
She boasts a highly flexible layout across her two decks. The lower deck features a reception area and seated dining lounge, whilst the upper deck includes a large event space and stage area. A magnificent wooden staircase separates the two decks, with a lift providing wheelchair access. An outdoor deck area also enables people to enjoy the sights of London in the open air.
The onboard central heating and air-cooling system ensures Dixie Queen is able to comfortably host events throughout the year, no matter what the unpredictable British weather is doing!
Due to her size, Tower Bridge must raise to let Dixie Queen pass – something which makes for a spectacular shot on camera. She is however unable to travel further eastwards past London Bridge.
Her unique style makes Dixie Queen a fantastic venue for filming and promotional activities on the River Thames. She has starred in countless productions and events, as well as being deployed as a green room and staging area for a large number of other filming jobs on the River Thames.
Notable recent examples include:
- Serving as the location for Killing Eve’s dramatic finale
- Hosting celebrity guests for the launch of Amazon’s Premier League coverage
- Hosting singer Anne-Marie for her Music & Therapy documentary
- Starring in a London-based episode of Gordon Ramsay’s MasterChef USA
- Featuring in Red Bull’s Music Odyssey
We work extremely closely with Dixie Queen’s owners and operators, Thames Luxury Charters, to facilitate filming and activations involving the vessel. Please contact us to discuss your project’s requirements in detail.
- Length overall: 56m
- Beam: 11.7m
- Depth: 2.4m
- Air draft: 18m
- Gross tonnage: 1,034T
- Net tonnage: 311T
- Passenger capacity: Up to 620
- Open deck space – foredeck (approx): 6m x 11m
- Open deck space – aft deck (approx): 6m x 9m