Livett’s are delighted to announce the acquisition and reactivation of a prime River Thames mooring.
Located on the north side of the river, directly opposite The O2, the newly renamed East India Quay – formerly known as Pura Foods Jetty Poplar – adds to the extensive list of Livett’s-owned and operated piers and moorings throughout London.
East India Quay will undergo minor refurbishment works before reopening as a deep water berth for Livett’s vessels and visiting craft by appointment only, ending a prolonged period of inactivity at the jetty.
It represents a superb mooring opportunity for all River Thames users, with direct pedestrian access to the shore and air, rail and road transport links all located close by.
East India Quay: Location map
Speaking about the acquisition of the mooring, company director Chris Livett said: “Livett’s are delighted to have acquired and reactivated this strategically important deep water common user berth.
“Not only will it provide an excellent berth for our fleet of flat top pontoons, but it will also provide all river users with a 80m long, deep water berth upstream of the Thames Barrier and direct access ashore to good transport links.”
East India Quay: What you need to know
All the key information you need to know about the newly-reactivated East India Quay:
- East India Quay is the new name for the mooring previously known as Pura Foods Jetty Poplar.
- The jetty is reopening as a deep water berth, above (west of) the Thames Barrier.
- There is 5 metres of water at all states of tide.
- The jetty is able to welcome vessels up to 80 metres long and 20 metres wide.
- It is to be used as a common user berth.
- Strictly subject to booking, it is available for use by visiting ships and yachts.
- It is available for a wide range of River Thames filming requirements, and PR/brand activations and live events.
- It boasts a fantastic location, close to London City Airport, Canary Wharf, and East India DLR station, with direct pedestrian access ashore.
East India Quay: Image gallery
Selected images courtesy of Location Hub
Interested in using East India Quay?
Stay tuned to our website for more information about East India Quay and updates on the many exciting projects we are currently working on.