Bennett’s Barges are seeking a HR Training Officer to join the team.
Title: HR Training Officer
Reporting to: The Training Officer is part of the HR Management Team working alongside the HR Manager and reporting to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities: Responsible for the implementation of all aspects of the Group Training function. This includes implementation and maintenance of the Policy, Training Handbook and Training Plans to meet the safety and compliance needs of the Group and Company staff, as follows:
- Developing and agreeing the Training Policy and Handbook.
- Determining a Training Plan to meet the safety, commercial and compliance needs of the Group.
- Identifying and engaging approved Training Providers.
- Identifying and determining suitable Training Courses.
- Scheduling training courses via a monthly Training Plan through agreement with relevant Managers.
- Maintaining training records and due dates where regular re-training is required.
- Maintaining individual CPD files.
- Liaising with Managers and Mentors to ensure internal training requirements and support are being delivered.
- Engaging with external training organisations and trade bodies.
- Communicating training matters and progress via a bi-monthly Training News Letter.
- Scheduling regular training events and SAR Exercises.
Assisting the HR Manager with generalist HR duties to include:
- Recruitment planning and procedure
- Absence Management
- Performance management
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage constructively at all Company levels.
- Previous experience within an HR or Learning & Development environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel).
- Be highly organised with a flexible, pro-active approach.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- CIPD Qualification
- Train the Trainer Qualification
- Knowledge of the Marine Industry
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV with a cover note to Liz Arnold, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org