An opportunity has arisen within Bennett’s Barges for an experienced Operations & Contract Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be primarily based in the Company offices in London SE1, although a regular presence will be required within the geographical scope of operations, principally on the tidal Thames.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
– Management of crew, to include crew rotas and absence management
– Organising of workload and movement of vessels
– Liaison with clients and terminals, providing a link between ship and shore
– Ensuring adequate resources and shore based support is available to crew and client as and when required
– Assisting with ISM compliance
– Adhering to all statutory requirements and licensing body regulations
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and have a minimum of two years’ practical senior level experience in ship management operations.
Essential Criteria to include:
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a senior marine management position
• An Industry recognised qualification to operate as master or mate, either STCW, BML Tier 1 Level 2 or equivalent
• Experience in crew management and development of staff
• Experience in contract management and client liaison
• Experience in marine logistics
• Working knowledge of ISM Code
• The ability to engage constructively at all Company levels and with external regulatory bodies
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Qualification in Health & Safety in the workplace i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH, or similar
• ISM training or qualification
• Designated Person Ashore
• Working knowledge of the River Thames and Medway
• Basic knowledge of HR practices & employment law
Salary is negotiable subject to experience, qualifications and expectations.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a short covering letter to the HR Manager, Liz Arnold – email@example.com