The Livett’s Group is an established provider of marine operations services on the River Thames in London.
The Group comprises of three companies of which Bennett’s Barges, specialising in tug and tow operations on the River Thames and Medway, is one. An opportunity has arisen within Bennett’s Barges for an experienced Operations & Contract Manager.
This role will report to the Managing Director and is a nominal three-year term position. Salary is negotiable subject to experience, qualifications and expectations. The role will be based in the Company offices near to Butler’s Wharf, London SE1, although a regular presence will be required within the geographical scope of operations, principally on the tidal Thames.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Management of Crew, to include crew rotas & absence management
- Organising Workload of vessels
- Liaison with Clients and Terminals, providing a link between ship and shore
- Ensuring adequate resources and shore based support is available to crew and client as and when required
- To adhere to all statutory requirements and licensing body regulations
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and have a minimum of two years’ practical senior level experience in ship management operations.
Essential Criteria to include:
- An Industry recognised qualification to operate as master or mate, either STCW, BML Tier 1 Level 2 or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior marine management position
- Experience in crew management & development of staff
- Experience in contract management & client liaison
- Experience in marine logistics
- Working knowledge of ISM Code
- The ability to engage constructively at all Company levels and with external regulatory bodies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel)
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualification in Health & Safety in the workplace i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH, or similar
- ISM training or qualification
- Working knowledge of the River Thames and Medway
- Basic knowledge of HR practices & employment law
To apply for this position please respond by email to the HR Manager, Liz Arnold (email@example.com) including a CV and a short covering letter.